Value for the practice of community work and development
- benchmarks community development as a profession in its own right requiring specific skills.
- informs what is required to implement community development policy into practice
- validates community development as an approach in its own right and places a value on community work as an occupation in its own right with community work as a process at its core.
- establishes a process which is informed by community work principles
Value for Community workers
- provides clear direction and guidance on standards of professional practice
- informs community workers about courses that are validated
- enables workers to make informed decisions on accessing courses.
Value for Employers of community workers
- provides clear direction and guidance on standards of professional practice and courses that meet those standards
- information is available on professional community work courses in order to help with recruitment and selection procedures
Value for Awarding Bodies
- provides guidance in their awarding systems in relation specifically to community work education and training.
- ensures that community work courses, process and content is informed by people involved in the area of community work
- a endorsement forum could work in partnership with awarding bodies.